XD4 Depart Black/Silver Frost
Arai's industry-leading "cross-over" design helmet. This helmet allows multiple configurations for the user. Standard set-up is w/ shield & peak. Remove the peak and just use the shield. Or remove the shield & use just the peak. (See images)
Size : XXXS-XXXL
- Brow Vent system integrated into the shield. These vents force air towards the temple and ear canal.
- Redesigned exhaust vent covers.
- New shell shape with a more comfortable fit for many.
- Pull-down chin spoiler (to deflect air from entering the underside of the helmet)
- Fully removable, washable head liner, cheek pads, and chin strap covers. Head liner and cheek pads have been redesigned with introduction of XD4 model. All interior padding is dry-cool material. Optional sizes are available for a more personal, customized fit.
- The neck roll pad is designed to both provide more comfort and to help reduce wind noise.
XD means "Crossover Design" because it covers a number of uses: Adventure, street/dirt touring on bikes like the 1150GS, V-Strom, Tiger, and Multistrada; dual sporting; naked bikes; Super Moto; road racing (without the peak); flat track; MX; karting; ATV use; you name it...you can use it!
Visually, the Arai XD looks like a dirt helmet with it's peak, protruding chin bar, and the opening for goggles. But the XD adds a faceshield in the opening. Arai has created what it calls a twin-cam shield pivot system that enables the shield to operate fully beneath the mounted peak. The shield stays low when raised, allowing the peak to be mounted lower, resulting in better aerodynamics and a better appearance. The shield system is also designed to allow the shield to be used alone (without the peak), or with the peak and no shield.
Special note (CAUTION): Maybe this is common sense, but because of the world we live in Arai lawyers say that this needs to be said: The visor/peak supplied with the XD helmet is not suitable for high-speed use. At such speeds air catching a side or main surface of the peak may cause difficulty in returning the head to a forward and/or level position. To understand and prepare for this possible effect, you should first try to experience it at low speeds, gradually increasing speed so that you will know what to expect and determine when the peak should be removed for higher-speed riding.
If you have been fitted by The Service Pavilion and have a fitment record on file with us, select "Yes". We will confirm your fit and adjust your order so that you receive a properly fitted helmet out of the box.
If you have never been fitted by The Service Pavilion, but are confident in the model and size you've selected, select "No".
If you do not recall if you have a fitment record on file with The Service Pavilion, select "I don't know". We will look for a fitment record; if available, we will adjust fit as necessary. If there is no fitment record on file, your order will be shipped exactly as placed.
If you have never been professionally fit for a helmet, and cannot make it out to one of the events on our event schedule, please consider our online fitting option.